Sopra Banking Software were offering a comprehensive range of flexible benefits but felt that there was a need to better communicate and promote them to their employees. The management of the employee selections and communication of these to HR, payroll and their benefits adviser was time consuming and laborious.
Sopra decided that they had several goals that a flexible benefits platform could address. These were to:
- Offer a portal through which employees could make only valid benefit selection choices
- Promote an appreciation and understanding of the benefits
- Celebrate their corporate culture
- Easily manage communications with employees
- Improve the efficiency of the scheme renewal process
- Communicate complete, error-free benefit selections to HR, payroll and the benefits adviser
Sopra conducted a competitive tender process through which Lightbox Reward was appointed. A planned timescale was agreed for the delivery and implementation of the flexible benefits platform. Sopra’s employee benefits adviser was involved during this time to ensure that Lightbox Reward had an accurate and complete understanding of the benefits and the rules around the selection options.
Lightbox Reward configured the software to match Sopra’s specific needs and applied Sopra’s branding. Just before launch the final cut of employee data was uploaded and final testing conducted, which allowed implementation two months after Lightbox Reward was appointed.
Sopra now has a flexible benefits platform which gives their employees:
- Access to their benefits 24/7 through desktop and mobile devices
- Employee specific Total Reward Statements and Employee Value Summaries
- Staff policies, benefit descriptions and forms, hosted with intuitive navigation
- Answers to FAQs and easily accessed contact details
- Staff communications, keeping them up to date with company developments and benefit news
- Content which can be instantly translated into over 100 languages
- Targeted communications and information
At employer level access the flexible benefits platform allows Sopra to manage the employee benefits more efficiently by:
- Adding new employees and removing leavers
- Managing and controlling all benefit information
- Sending automatic e-mails to individual employees at key events, such as long-service anniversaries or birthdays
- Sending emails to select groups of employees as needed, such as prompting employees who are in danger of missing the benefit selection window
- Promoting temporary company initiatives
- Producing benefit selection choices and holiday trading reports
- Reducing calls from employees requesting benefits information
- Aiding the recruitment process with a demonstration log-in for use by potential new recruits.
Incorporating a flexible benefits platform into Sopra Banking Technology’s business has substantially reduced time spent on administration, especially at scheme renewal. It has also given them a means to promote their company brand, culture and employee benefits. This increased awareness leads staff to a greater appreciation of their benefits thus improving retention and helping with recruitment.
What Sopra says
“In September 2016 we were looking at the market to find a benefits portal provider, after reviewing five providers we decided to go with Lightbox Reward. We were impressed with their energy and evident passion for their product and we felt that they were the right fit for what we were looking for. The demonstration was detailed, the team seemed to be knowledgeable and flexible and we were impressed with the time that they had taken to personalise the demo site with our logo and branding.
My main point of contact for the project was Mike Wilson, initially Mike set out the deadlines for the project which I was hesitant about as they seemed very short but true to his word the project delivered on time throughout each stage. Mike was very responsive and helpful, offering advice and guidance along the way. Our employees have provided feedback to say that our new portal looks very professional and it is easy to use. The reporting system is user friendly and we saved three weeks of administration time collating data at the benefit renewal stage. We look forward to continuing to work with Lightbox Reward in the future.”