Privacy and Cookies policy
Lightbox Reward Limited (“we/us/our“) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. We are a company registered in Scotland at 112 Commercial Street, Edinburgh, EH6 6NF. Our company number is SC459485.
This policy sets out the basis on which we will process any personal data that we collect from you or you provide to us. This applies whether through use of our employee benefits platform, Lightbox or Lightbox Flex, (the Service) or otherwise.
We provide the Service direct to customers via our website at www.yourbenefithub.com (the Site). We can also offer the Service on behalf of a trusted third party via a specific portal URL for that third party (“Third Party Site”). For the purpose of the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”), we are the data controller where we provide the Service via our Site to our own customers and we are the data processor where we are providing the Service on behalf of a trusted third party to the customers of that third party.
Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. By visiting the Site or by making use of the Service via a Third Party Site you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy.
The Site and any Third Party Site are referred to collectively in this policy as the “Websites.”
Information we may collect about you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on the Websites. This includes information you provide when you register to use the Websites, subscribe to the Service, download from the Websites, or request further services from us. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with the Site.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- Details of transactions you carry out through the Site and of the fulfilment of your transactions.
- Details of your visits to the Websites including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise, and the resources that you access.
- Where you place an order with us or otherwise purchase our services, confirmation of your payment.
We may collect information about your computer including, where available, your IP address, operating system and browser type. We will use this for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
The Site uses, and the Third Party Site may use, certain cookies. A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we put on your computer if you agree. These cookies allow us to distinguish you from other users of the Site, which helps us to provide you with a good experience when you browse the Site and allows us to improve it. [The cookies we use are “analytical” cookies. They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and see how visitors move around the Site. This helps us to improve the way the Site works. You can change your website browser settings to reject cookies although this may impair the functionality of the Site.
Where we store your personal data
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Where you have been given (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of the Websites, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone unless this is permitted under our terms of business for the Service [www.yourbenefithub.com] or by any equivalent terms of service provided in relation to the relevant Third Party Site.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our Websites; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Why do we need to collect and use your personal information?
Use of the Service will involve receipt on our system of personal data relating to employee data (from both our customers and from customers of trusted third parties) which will be stored on a dedicated part of our server and can be used by such customers and their respective employees as well as third parties such as insurance companies to whom the customer allows access.
Please note it is for the customer to decide which third parties require, or should be allowed, access to, the Service. We do not control this.
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from the Site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To notify you about changes to the Site.
- To analyse the use of the Service and create anonymised statistical data relating to that use. We may sell or otherwise disclose such statistical data but it does not contain any personal identifiable information about you or any other user of the Service.
We do not access or otherwise use personal data unless the express consent of the individuals concerned has been obtained, or where this is necessary for and ancillary to the provision of our services and/or the proper maintenance and monitoring of our systems, or where we are legally obliged to disclose the data.
Disclosure of your information
Other than personal information regarding employees of customers which is uploaded in relation to the use of the Service (use of which is explained above) we may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If Lightbox Reward Limited, or substantially all of its assets, are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- Where we use third party maintenance providers in relation to the Service, we shall only disclose any personal information to them where this is necessary for the performance of that maintenance and where appropriate obligations of confidentiality are in place.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will ask you (before collecting your data) for your permission to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can change your mind at any time by contacting us at [email protected]
The Websites may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. You can exercise the right at any time by contacting us at [email protected]